Consider the Lilies..: Kicking babies..   

Mar 11, 2018

Kicking babies..

I remember the first time I heard about Smith Wigglesworth.
I was standing in the entryway at LifeGate Church next to a flight of stairs talking to Pastor Jeff Payne about faith and obedience.
He told me about this guy who brought a baby back to life by "dropkicking" it.  
He told me that as Mr. Wigglesworth held the dead child in his arms that God told him to kick the baby.
He did and the baby was brought back to life.
Pastor Jeff told me this story with a look of admiration on his face.
Justin Peters nailed it in this interview when he said "how can any thinking Christian not be absolutely appalled at that?"
I definitely wasn't a "thinking Christian".  
Most who attend churches like that aren't.
I am ashamed to admit that I was amazed at the "faith and obedience" of Smith Wigglesworth too.. 
Because I was not a thinking Christian who understood the Bible and practiced real discernment but rather a naive, deceived person who trusted false teachers.
It wasn't just Pastor Jeff who admired this baby-kicker.  Pastor Tracy Rice was a fan of his as well.

Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (we call it Hogwarts) actually took students to the grave of Mr. Wigglesworth (and others) so that they could lay across their graves and "suck up the anointing" of this heretic.

If these are the sort of things you are learning about at your church, leave and find a church that teaches Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Thanks so much!