Consider the Lilies..: Home!   

Sep 13, 2017

Home!

I spent a couple nights in the hospital again.
Went to the Emergency Room around midnight on Sunday because I couldn't handle the pain and the vomiting anymore..
I had an MRI and several X-rays that showed inflammation and more scar tissue.
So they admitted me again.
This time they put a tube in my nose, down my throat, and into my stomach to pump out whatever was left.
Which was nothing.  How could there be after 4 hours of barfing?
The tube was horrible, I had to be sedated so I would stop freaking about about it.  After 12 hours I told them if they didn't remove it, I was going to to remove it myself.  They weren't happy about it but they did.

Apparently my meds aren't working even at the highest dosage and everything has been inflamed for quite some time.  It's gotten bad enough now that blockages are pretty much inevitable..
I haven't been on track like I should be either..  I'm supposed to be doing my stretches every day, walking every day, eating way more of what I should and way less of what I shouldn't.  OK not less, but none.

So the plan-
I have several appointments with my G.I. team (yep, I have a whole team) for more tests so they can come up with a new treatment plan to hopefully force me into remission.
I'm on steroids for the next four weeks.  I hate steroids!
I'm not reacting to them well at all.  I never do (who does?) but it's worse this time.  
I increase my probiotic intake, eat more fruit (yuck) cook my veggies (darn it) and drink at least a gallon of liquid every day.
Plus the stretches and walking.

Thank God for Sky!
She took 2 days off work to take care of the dogs, and the house, and made several trips to the hospital to bring me stuff and run errands.  I don't know what I'd do without her sometimes.
Clay will be home tomorrow!




1 comment:

  1. Drinking a gallon isn't too hard as long as you start early - get in at least 32 ounces before you have your coffee - I get my first 32 in before I shower. I've been drinking over a gallon of water a day since June and I'm surprised at how easy it is to get used to it (and the many trips to the bathroom!) :) Hope all your changes help solve the problems.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Thanks so much!