Consider the Lilies..: Awake..   

Aug 17, 2015

Awake..


It's 4:13 in the morning, I've been awake since 2:45. Well, that's not completey true. I went to bed at 8:00 after taking two sleeping pills and drinking a cup of sleepy tea because I didn't sleep at all the night before. I woke up again at 9:45 and stayed awake until about 10:15.  Then awake at 11:00 until 11:30 when I took two more sleeping pills, then awake at 12:05 until 12:45, then awake at 2:45. I stopped trying to sleep and got up at 3:00. 

It's weird how insomnia comes and goes. I can't blame it on Clay being away; I know that some people can't sleep without their significant others, but it's not really a problem for me. Plus the insomnia sneaks up on me when he's home too. Even when he was home for 8 months. 
Sometimes it lasts a week, other times a month, sometimes more..

I've tried everything I can think of. Setting a routine- going to bed and getting up at the same time, no caffeine after noon, no light in the bedroom at all (not even from a clock), no television in my room, aroma therapy, I've changed my diet, I'm not stressed, nothing to worry about. Blah, blah, blah. 
Maybe I'm bored?  Maybe more exorcise?  Maybe I'm too routine?  
I dunno. 
I guess I'll get on the treadmill today and see if that makes a difference :)

Have a happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Thanks so much!