Consider the Lilies..: Spring cleaning in the summer..   

Jul 28, 2015

Spring cleaning in the summer..

I'm a little late starting on my spring cleaning..  But better late than never right?  I wanted to get rid of a bunch of stuff so we rented a dumpster..  Big stuff like living room furniture, an old lawnmower, scrap-wood..  I am going to clean out closets too so I'm sure I'll find enough stuff to fill it..
We did this about 2 years ago; it's shocking to me that we have enough stuff to actually fill another one!  I'm NOT a hoarder and I'm a clean freak, so I really don't know how we could possibly accumulate so much stuff in such a short time..

Clay was super awesome today..  He said he could do more work at a faster pace if I wasn't in his way so he told me to go get my hair cut and get a manicure while he worked!  
Have I mentioned that I have the best husband ever?  Well I do..

We are having new living room furniture delivered tomorrow.  Ours was old and falling apart, plus it was white..  
White furniture + A daughter who welds = furniture covered in soot.
So we bought a love-seat recliner and a regular recliner and told Sky that she wasn't allowed on the furniture until she has washed the soot off.
We are going to have to have the carpets cleaned too..
White carpet + soot covered welding boots = gray carpet.
Ok, we actually told her that she wasn't allowed upstairs at all until she washed the soot off and removed her boots.

It's not like she comes upstairs much anyway..  Since she moved her room to the basement and bought a futon to go with her television, satellite, stereo, X-box 360, and X-box One, she's pretty content to stay down there when she isn't at work..
In case you haven't picked up on it, she's incredibly spoiled..  What can I say?  She's an only child..
She does have to come upstairs to eat, but I'm sure it won't be too long before she buys a toaster oven and mini-fridge..

We are going to get a new bed on Friday..  A king size.  Yay!
Then we can put our queen bed in the guest room and get rid of the bunk beds in there..  
Clay's parents will be here on the 11th of next month and I'm betting they would rather not sleep on bunk beds :)

I guess that's all..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Thanks so much!