Consider the Lilies..: Day 3   

Jun 25, 2015

Day 3

4 movies I never get tired of watching


All about Eve..

I'm a huge Bette Davis fan..  I like the movies she did when she first started out, I like the ones she did later in her career, I like the ones that got bad reviews..  I even like the campy horror movies she did when that was all the work she could get..
But if you want to watch a movie that portrays a character who was the closest to her real self, All About Eve is the movie to watch..
Ann Baxter (Eve) does an excellent job too..  Marilyn Monroe does a cameo..  
I can't even tell you how many times I have seen this movie..  I could probably quote every line by now :)


Hero

I'm also a big martial arts movie fan..  Especially Jet Li and Donnie Yen movies..  This movie has them both..  Fighting each other!  What more could you possibly ask for?  
The cinematography is amazing, the colors in this movie are fantastic, and the fighting?  Perfect..


Now Voyager

Another Bette Davis movie..  This one is my absolute favorite of all her movies..  She plays every emotion perfectly; dramatic, crazed, devastated, guilty, courageous, content, you name it..
Love, love, love, this movie!


The Lego Movie

My sister laughs at me, but I can't get enough of this movie..  I've seen it 33 times..  Clay loves it too..  Sky is tired of hearing it on the television..  The writing is just spot on, the actors who do the voices are fabulous, and the graphics are adorable..  Plus, you haven't lived until you have heard Liam Neeson say "darn, darn, darny-darn!"
For reals, I don't care how old you are; if you haven't seen this movie, watch it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Thanks so much!