Consider the Lilies..: Lessons I have learned recently.   

Mar 10, 2015

Lessons I have learned recently.

Familiarity is not always a good thing; sometimes it's a really bad thing. 

Somehow when I wasn't looking, my daughter became a young adult.  

It's amazing what you can do with a packet of ranch seasoning. 

Sometimes you have to make the decision to go in a new direction.
Sometimes others go with you.
Sometimes you go by yourself.
It's the going that's important.

There are times when being right or wrong doesn't matter.
There are other times when it's the only thing that matters.

Even when the truth is smacks you in the face, it's still possible to ignore it.
But when you finally chose to notice it; it really does set you free.

You don't have to argue to stand your ground.

Everyone believes what they believe.  
Without a revelation from God, nothing you say will change that.
It's pointless to fight, debate, present facts.
Opinions do not change hearts; God does.

Don't fight about it; pray about it.

When the truth is finally revealed, your mind goes through this weird tug-o-war between pure joy at the revelation, and total humiliation at your own stupidity.

Forgiveness truly does release you from bondage.
Th problem is, you don't really know you're in bondage until you're released from it.
Weird huh?

Not wanting to believe something doesn't make it false.

My sister didn't die a couple weeks ago.
That makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny but I could've written this post. I'm glad I'm not dead too. I'm tellin ya', they would've had quite a fight on their hands if they pushed the matter. I pretty much picked my battle

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Thanks so much!