Consider the Lilies..: Saturday..   

Feb 7, 2015

Saturday..

We have had a slightly eventful week.  Do you remember in one of my last posts where I mentioned that something was in the works but I couldn't say what? Well it's all over now so I can share it; Clay and I have decided to leave our church. We had been talking and praying about it for several months and finally came to a decision on Thursday. So I went to the church, packed up my desk, and delivered goodbye letters to all of the pastors.  We have heard back from all but two of the pastors and they have been very kind and supportive about it. 
So that's that.  
Tomorrow we will start looking for a new church. 

The book study is going well, I am seriously enjoying it and the conversation has been great. We start at 8:00 PM and don't finish talking until 11:30!  We have invited another person and she will be joining us next Friday. Yay!

I know I have mentioned this on Facebook but I haven't blogged it, at least I don't think I have. 
But in about 2 1/2 to 3 years Clay and I are moving out of the country. At first we were thinking Serbia or Romania but we have decided on Angola Africa.  Clay already works there and it would be no trouble at all for him to get a live-in position, plus that is where the biggest need is. Meaning I could do more good there and help more people then I could in Romania or Serbia.
So that means that I have a lot to learn! I need to learn Portuguese, and a whole bunch of other stuff too.  I am really excited about it, and a little surprised that I'm not absolutely terrified.
Serbia or Romania would be much more comfortable than Angola. Angola  is incredibly impoverished. 
The company will provide us with a house and Clay has lived in Africa off and on for the last 10 years so he understands the culture and how to get around which is comforting to me.
 I would rather be uncomfortable in Angola than comfortable in Romania or Serbia without him.
It amazes me though that the idea of being uncomfortable and surrounded by poverty and filth doesn't absolutely terrify  me. In fact it makes me want to go even more. Isn't that just the craziest thing?

1 comment:

Love your comments! Thanks so much!