Consider the Lilies..: Found Something!   

Feb 12, 2014

Found Something!

So, I was visiting 'Happiness Is a Mood Not a Destination' and I found inspiration :)

Every Wednesday she is doing segment of '50 questions that will free your mind'..  Now, while I cant say that I am positive that my mind will be any free-er than it is now, at least I have something to post :)
She posted 10 last week and 10 this week, so I am starting with last week's questions..  

I'm still looking for a good blog challenge, or other inspiration if y'all have any good ideas..
If anyone decides to do these questions on their blog too, let me know so I can go and read them too..



Which is worse, failing or never trying?
If you never try, how do you know you will even fail?  It's quite possible that you would do it right the first time, yes?
Besides, if we never tried anything, we would never do anything or be anything..  
We would have nothing..  No love, no relationships, no happiness..  Nothing..
So I guess I'll go with the obvious..  Never trying is worse than failing..

What are you most grateful for?
At first I was just going to say "everything", but the questions is what am I most grateful for?  So I have to pick one..  I am most grateful for the Bible.  The living-breathing Word of God.  
'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word is God'
John 1:1
The Word of God is Jesus.  Jesus is God.  When you read the Word, miracles happen;  The Word flows into you, changes you, shapes you into the person God created you to be..  There is nothing you could possibly face in this life that you can not find direction for in the Bible..  It tells you how to pray, how to love, how to learn..  How to be a good wife, parent, friend, everything..  It comforts you when you are lonely, sad, fearful, and anxious.   It gives power, wisdom, peace, joy, everything you could ever need or want..  It is living water..  Life..  
It is a direct line to Heaven, to the Almighty God..
It baffles my mind, truly, that there is even one Christian on this planet who simply can not find time to read this book every day..  We find time to eat, spend time with our spouses and children, watch television, browse Facebook, and a million other things, but we don't have time for this?
I don't understand how anyone can say that they love the Lord more than anyone else, that God is their priority, yet not read this book..  
(Sorry, I ranted didn't I?)
There are people who have died to protect this book, people who would give anything for the chance to read this book and learn the Word of God, and I am free to do so.  Anytime I want..
I am most grateful for this..

Why are you, you?
Because God wanted me to be..

Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?
Nope..  

Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I enjoy the work I do..  I'm a wife and a mom..  I like everything about it, everything..  I think if I had less work to do, then that would mean that there would be less people in my house..  Less people would mean less of my husband, less of my daughter, and less of my boys..  I know I wouldn't that, so I would definitely pick more work..

Do you push the elevator button more than once?
I try not to go into an elevator at all, but when I absolutely have to, the only button I push more than once is the 'open door' button..

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
I think this is an odd question..  I'm not sure why I would offer a newborn any advice at all, considering a newborn wouldn't understand a word I was saying..  I suppose I could write it down, but by the time he/she was old enough to read it and understand it, he/she would no longer be a newborn..
Not to mention, I rarely give advice anyway..  I have learned that no matter what I say and no matter how profound or helpful my advice may be; no one is going to hear it until they are ready to..  They may listen to what I say, but they won't really hear it or apply it to their lives until they are ready to..
That said; if I was going to offer only one piece of advice, I would share the best piece of advice I ever received myself..  
Don't sweat the small stuff..

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I wouldn't..  I would have died 5 months ago..

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
I think that if I lose touch with a good friend who lives right near me, that good friend wasn't really that good of  a friend..  How do you lose touch with a good friend?  Especially one who lives right near you?  If the friend is truly a good friend, you would do all you could to stay in touch wouldn't you?
My best friend moved away over 10 years ago and we talk every week, but I miss her..  I don't love her any less because she moved away..  In fact, we try even harder to keep our friendship together :)

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Simple..  I'm not..  
I mean I try not to, but I don't freak out of I do, and there certainly isn't any fear about it..

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Really? I thought it came off as a little snarky :)

      Delete
  2. I remember that day 5 years ago (minus 2 weeks). Chloe was born that day! So...maybe sorta more memorable for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that!! Five already??

      Delete

Love your comments! Thanks so much!