Consider the Lilies..: 1   

Jul 4, 2013

1

Day 1. What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?

I have two; one in the Old Testament and one in the New..  
My favorite Old Testament book is:  
I can't even tell you how many times I have read it..  To me, Daniel is the perfect example of what a follower of God should look like- obedient, faithful, and fully trusting in God no matter what the circumstances-- refusing to eat their food, watching his friends thrown into a furnace, stuck in a den full of lions, facing an angry king when he refused to worship him, knowing full well it could mean his death..  
I'm sure he was terrified in every circumstance, but he still held on to his faith above all else..
And for everything; Daniel's faithfulness was rewarded by God's faithfulness..
I also like this book so much because of the prophecy in his revelations..  They clearly show the second coming of Jesus..  I know that Isaiah does this too, but (in my opinion) I think the book of Daniel does a better job making it clear..  

I know that David was a man after God's own heart, but (again, in my opinion) Daniel is at the top of the list (well after Jesus of course) of the most admiral people in the Bible and I can not wait to meet him :)

My favorite New Testament book is:
I have read it more times than I have read Daniel..
In a nutshell, the book of James is simply this:
--If you're going to call yourself a Christian, then you need to act like it and this is how you do that..--
This Book focuses on the behavior of a Christian..  A true follower of Christ..  
It is a must read!  Not just read, but read and apply..
James doesn't pull any punches..  He lays it all out there, no beating around the bush with him..  You can't read this book and not know exactly what he means..  It's pretty cut and dry..
I love that..
I have learned so much from this book!  It has changed my life..  Truly..

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ren
    Thank you for visiting my blog! Yes, Daniel was a man who fully trusted his God! Ren, I think you would like a website I have discovered. It is called www.jesus-plus-nothing.com. It has great studies on the book of Daniel.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll make sure to check it out:)

      Delete
  2. I love the book of James, as well, and it has long been my favorite. As for the Old Testament, you are inspiring me to read Daniel again!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Thanks so much!