Consider the Lilies..: The day after..   

Apr 1, 2013

The day after..

I didn't get to wish everyone a happy Easter yesterday..  Sorry about that..  My Easter didn't go as planned..  It started out OK but sort of went downhill at church..  The spot I had chosen to sit turned out to be the wrong spot..  For those of you who don't know, our church has opened up a second campus a couple months ago..  My family usually attends the main campus but for the last 5 or 6 Sundays I have been volunteering at the newer (and quite a bit smaller campus)..
Yesterday during worship the lights from the stage were sort of messing with my head..  I'm epileptic and I don't do well with bright white lights..  Usually, when a strobe is going to be used, the worship leader would let me know so I would be prepared for it..  And, usually when they use strobe lights, they use the colored ones..  But yesterday they used the bright white strobe..  
At the smaller church,the room is darker so the lights are brighter and we stand closer to the stage..  The lights don't bother me as much at the bigger church but yesterday?  Wow..  I was not expecting it..

Anyway, our worship pastor left to lead worship at another church and no one knew to warn me..  So, the light turns (they are controlled by remote so they move) and points right at me and then strobes 3 times..  I closed my eyes and for a few seconds but then the moment I opened them it happened again..  I knew what was going to happen but by then I couldn't get my thoughts in order..  I got confused so I just sat there..  I think the lights flashed once more at me when my daughter (Sky) noticed what was happening, grabbed all of our stuff and sort of shoved me out of my seat and up the aisle..  
I made it out of the sanctuary but by that time it was too late to stop it and I had a seizure right there at church..  ugh..  Fortunately they were able to usher me into an office away from everyone, and it was only a petite seizure..  I didn't loose consciousness or bite through my tongue (that's always a plus)..
So, I missed the service (I'm told it was really good) and spent the day on the couch..


Another bummer; I had a really good blog post in mind but my seizure kinda messed that up and now I don't remember what I was going to write about..  

Oh!  I won a blog giveaway at Watered Soul so someone is going to revamp my layout..  Yay!! 
Well, I guess I'll be back when I remember what I was going to blog about :)
Happy belated Easter!

8 comments:

  1. Blessings to you! I am sorry to hear about the seizure. I know about these because of the many students I had. I pray that you will feel better, soon. On a positive note, you are one of the winners of the March rose coaster giveaway. Send me an email at prayernotesbycynthia@gmail.com and let me know where you would like your coaster mailed. Blessings to you and yours! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Two prizes in one week!!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ren...so sorry to hear about your seizure my friend! Praying that you're feeling better! Yayy for you! I entered the blog redesign contest also. If I'd known you were entering too, I would've gone the other way, seeing as if you win ever contest, lol!! You've got the favor of the Lord girl! :-D Hey Cynthia, she won the giveaway I hosted also...IKR! Have a blessed week Ren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Once I won the bag from you, stuff just started rolling in! (p.s) I have an extra '23 minutes in hell' book.. I'd love to send it to you :)

      Delete
  4. Saying a prayer for you Ren. So good that your daughter was there to help at church yesterday. Looking forward to following along here. Blessings!
    Pam
    www.pameladwilliams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm on my way to your blog right now :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Ren, I feel so bad for you! I hope you're feeling a lot better! I get migraines with strobes... no fun! I'm glad your daughter knew what to do!
    Congrats on the blog re-design... very cool!
    Blessings to you my friend ~ Mary

    Thanks for visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little one.. All ok now :)

      Delete

Love your comments! Thanks so much!