Consider the Lilies..: Thinking about a fast..   

Mar 16, 2013

Thinking about a fast..

Actually, I am thinking about fasting all year..  A new fast every 40 days..
You see, at the beginning of the year I made myself a list of goals for 2013..  Not the typical loose weight resolution that everyone (including myself) makes every year and then blows off within a week.. I have  anew approach this year and so far it's working!
Anyway, most of my goals were personal; meaning things I wanted to change about me personally, emotionally, relational, etc..    

Well I figured, why not fast the things I want to change about myself?  I'll fast one thing for 40 days and then move on to another..  Of course keeping a journal of my progress as I go..  I'm not sure I will do that here though, I doubt anyone would want to read about that stuff every day, but I am hoping that after 40 days, I will have formed (or gotten rid of) a habit..  Then I can move on to the next thing..  Make sense?

Since tomorrow is Sunday and I will be surrounded by people I think I'll start my first 40 fast..  For the next 40 days I will not say anything negative about another person..  Not even to my husband or my closest friends..  For the next 40 days "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" will be my mantra..

"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble"
Proverbs 21:23

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue"
Proverbs 31:26

Anyone ever done this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Thanks so much!