Consider the Lilies..: Gratitude linkup..   

Mar 22, 2013

Gratitude linkup..

I'm linking up with Ms Redo's gratitude weekly link up today.. 




 I know that everyone almost always chooses their family when they talk about what they are grateful for..  Well this morning I am no exception..

Lets start with Clay..  What an amazing man..  Selfless, strong, ambitious, motivated, kind, wonderful father..  The kind of guy who will give you his last dollar, will bend over backwards to help you, but won't take you-know-what from anyone :)
He sent me pictures from work (he works in Libya)..  He said this was his view on the way to the job site..

A while ago when he called I asked him how his day was..  He replied "pretty good, I got caught in a sandstorm and I ate a camel"..  So in other words, a typical workday :)
We celebrated our 17th anniversary a few days ago (well as best we could with him in a different country)..  The time has gone by so fast..  And it's been quite a ride!

And now my daughter Sky..  I just don't know what I would do or where I would be without this girl..
My beautiful girl..  Don't let the dress and her tiny frame fool ya, she is one tough little girl!  Well, not that little  She will be 17 this year..  I'm telling you, she is TNT (tough n' tiny)..  She doesn't back down from anyone, she's fearless, confident, knows who she is and likes who she is..  
She starts college next year, welding..  Yup, this little person is a welder, and a darn good one too..  The best in her school..  She even teaches beginner welding :)

I am so amazed by this kid..


Joshua 24:15

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

8 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks so much for joining the party! Love meeting you and your family, hearing about the camel your husband ate ;) and your beautiful daughter becoming a welder! I'm glad she's doing what she enjoys, and I'm glad she's feisty (I have been feisty in my day too). Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading.. And for the link up!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ren....just popping in to thank you for the sweet comment and to read your post! I enjoyed reading about your dear hubby and beautiful daughter! Family is such a blessing...and I'm sure mine will be my focus for next week's Gratitude Weekly!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family is so important to me also!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome that your daughter is a welder! I think it's great when women do things that are considered outside of the box, you have done a great job raising her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that.. Thank you!

      Delete

Love your comments! Thanks so much!