God promised to deliver the Hebrews from Egypt.. The wilderness was the problem that they had to go through to get to promised land which of course was the provision With me? Awesome..
Now the wilderness was only supposed to be an 11 day problem, but because of the stubbornness and disobedience of the people, the problem lasted them 40 years.. Only then could they move on to the provision..
Sadly, many of them (including Moses) had to keel off before even reaching the provision..
John Hagee gave a list of '10 ways to shorten your stay in a problem" so you can go straight to the provision.. I found it helpful, so I took notes:
10 ways to shorten your stay in a problem
1) Take responsibility for your actions. - Don't play the blame game.. No one can make you react or behave in a certain way.. That's all on you.. You are responsible for what you do, say, and think..
2) Be willing to work for what you want. - Wealth without work will not prosper you. God worked, so should you.
3) Don't waste time fighting what you can not change. - Has someone lied about you? Have you lost friends? Has someone judged you unfairly? Did someone lie to you? Steal from you? Cheat on you?
Well, it's in the past.. You can't change it.. Stop talking about it, grumbling about it, and thinking about it.. It happened, it's over.. Get over it and move on..
4) When you are wrong, admit it. - Absolutely no one but God is always right.. People who feel that they must be right all the time become lonely people without lasting friendships and relationships..
5) Don't nurse grudges or refuse forgiveness. - Forgiveness is not optional. Whomever you do not forgive hold you in bondage..
6) Be generous to those who need your help. - How you help others in their time of need will determine how God will help you in yours.
**I am proof of that!**
7) Let your mouth be ruled by the law of kindness. - Say please, thank you, excuse me.. Not only outside your house but in it as well.. Be kind to your spouse and your children.. Apologize when you should (even if you don't feel like it).. Speak life to everyone. As the saying goes "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
8) Refuse to indulge in self-pity when life hands you a raw deal - Doing so removes God and puts 'self' on the throne.. You are the child of a King.. The Almighty God is your Father.. There is nothing about you to pity.. Ever.
9) Listen. Really listen. - Don't just wait to talk.. Don't jump in to give your advice.. Put yourself in their shoes and just listen.. To your spouse and your children as well as others.. Be slow to speak and quick to listen.. Most of all listen to God.. When you pray, be quiet once in a while and listen.. Nothing you have to say can be more important than what God has to say to you..
"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
10) Be a peacemaker. - Be the one to make peace. Right or wrong.. Swallow your pride and make amends . Have the courage to face the problem and make peace.