Consider the Lilies..: Weird weeks..   

Jan 7, 2013

Weird weeks..

It's been a strange couple of weeks for me..  On one hand, it has been the most stressful two weeks I can remember..  So stressful that I am breaking out in hives and not sleeping more than 3 hours a night..  On the other hand I have been incredibly happy too..  It's just really, well..  Weird..

The stress is easy to figure out..  Ever since Clay told me that he was not going to Australia but to a different, more dangerous location, it's been a little stressful..  As I said before, it's not because the country is dangerous, he has worked in dangerous places and situations since we have been married..  But this is the first time he will be in a location where Christians aren't exactly welcome..  In fact, they are sort of despised there..  I am in total support of him and what he wants to do but the what-if's have been going through my head almost non-stop..
What if they find his Bible in his baggage?  What if they see his tattoo?  Will they ask him if he's a Christian?  And what will happen if they do?  Will he be arrested?  Tortured?  Shot?  Will we ever see him again?  Hear from him again?  What if he's locked up and he is unable to contact me?
These are the thoughts that have been going through my head..  So yesterday we spoke to the pastor who is the head of global outreach and asked her what this location was really like for Christians..  Basically, if he does what he is going there to do which is work and not to minister or convert, he will be fine..  She told him that they will just consider his Bible a personal possession at customs and probably not say anything..  It's not being Christian that they punish, it's trying to to preach to and convert that they have a problem with..
I gotta tell ya, that's a load off my mind!

The happy is easy to figure out too..  I have been really digging in to the Bible..  More than usual..  I am working on the Chronological One Year Bible, as well as a Bible in 90 days plan..  I have been listening to the audio Bible while I do my housework every day too..  I write in my prayer journal every day and spend more time in prayer than before..  Funny thing, the more I do it, the more I want to..
About a year ago I was part of a book club, we were reading a book about prayer and the leader of the club suggested that we all make it a point to pray for two minutes every morning before we get out of bed..  I did it a couple times but it didn't stick (it's difficult to focus on prayer when you have a 120 pound dog on top of you begging for his breakfast)..  On New Years day I happened to spot that same book on the bookshelf in my room and I thought "why not try it again?"..
I did that morning, and every morning since..  Wow, what a difference!
So it may be a little late in coming, but thanks 'T' for the suggestion..

So, life is great and a bit scary too..  But it's also full of blessings..  Money has been tight since Clay was laid off, but every time something has come up that has required money, it has come from unexpected places..  Just yesterday I found a gift card in my purse that had been slipped in there, then some guy walked up to Clay at church and handed him a check..  Last month right before Sky's appointment to have the bands changed on her braces someone handed me the exact amount of money it would take to make the payment..  And then something even more awesome happened..  Clay has been looking for a part time job to tide us over until he goes back to work..  Just 20 minutes ago our church called and offered him a part time job!

Seriously, God is amazing!!

4 comments:

  1. Your monetary blessings give me goosebumps! God is so good and provides for His children.

    I am going to try praying for two minutes before I get out of bed. What a great idea to connect with Jesus immediately.

    Have a peaceful week.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you are more at ease now with where Clay is going. I will continue to pray for protection for him.

    It’s encouraging to hear about you digging into the Bible more. I need to do that more because I do feel a disconnect when I’m not reading it like I should.

    Praying for more Blessings on your family!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow don't you just love when you get to see the Lord at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to pray before I get up in the morning... perfect way to begin the day! (No 120 pound dogs to rush me along either.) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Thanks so much!